Jessee has been sewing since the age of 5 and has been sewing professionally for over a decade, so you will be learning from an experienced sewist.
She specializes in mixing traditional techniques with newer technology and advances in sewing. This means that her lessons sometimes include multiple ways to do different techniques and will show the traditional way of doing things and then the modern technologically advanced way as well. So even if you are an experienced sewist, you may still learn something new!
Over the years she has slowly improved and perfected her skills and has added a lot to her sewing and crafting resume.
Some examples include...
- Running her own small business for the past 15 years
- Is currently a Janome sewing machine ambassador/blogger specializing in digitizing embroidery
- Designed over a dozen quilt patterns for all of the leading fabric companies (Robert Kaufman, Andover Fabrics, Moda, RJR, etc) as well as samples for trade shows.
- Written tutorials for Silhouette America, Sizzix and SVP (Singer, Viking and Pfaff)
- Released a line of patterns that have been bought by 100's of quilters
- Featured/mentioned in several mainstream quilting magazines as well as Lucky Magazine a few times
- Had a few patterns published in magazines and books
- Taught at various Modern Quilt guilds
- Won Baltimore Magazine's Best of Baltimore award for Jewelry
- Is a longarm quilter
- Designs and laser cuts all of her own quilting rulers and tools
- Teaches sewing and sometimes laser cutting classes at the Makersmiths makerspace in Leesburg
You can see examples her work here: www.artschooldropout.net/blog/